CURRENTLY
LOVING

My Honest Review of the Deep Hydrating Skincare That Change My Skin! Le Gushe Toner


After my facial skin analysis at Resolutionskin, I started searching for products that could hydrate my skin without clogging my pores. I learned that my skin type is sensitive, acne-prone, and combination, with a weakened skin barrier that needed more support.

Back in January, my skin was struggling. I noticed tiny dry flakes around my T-zone, enlarged pores, and unexpected breakouts. For someone with melanin-rich skin that is more prone to hyperpigmentation after irritation, I knew I needed to be careful. Every breakout felt like a reminder that my skin needed more than just treating problems — it needed calming, hydration, and barrier support.

My goal became finding a gentle Korean skincare product that could soothe stressed skin, improve hydration, and support a healthier skin barrier without overwhelming my routine.

That’s when I remembered the skincare products I purchased in December after being inspired by Lovi’s recommendations. Sitting unopened in my skincare box was the Le Gushe Calming Heartleaf Toner Pad, waiting for its moment.

The promise? Hydration, balance, and soothing benefits without the heavy feeling that some toners leave behind.

My first impression was simple: it felt like a calming drink of water for my skin.

Le Gushe Heartleaf Face Toner Pad Overview


I originally purchased the Le Gushe Heartleaf Toner Pad because I was looking for a hydrating toner for sensitive, acne-prone skin that could help support my damaged skin barrier.

My skincare mission was clear: find something gentle that could help my skin feel balanced while supporting my journey toward fading hyperpigmentation and maintaining a healthy glow.

This post may contain affiliate links when you buy something in this post, I maybe award a small commission at no extra cost to you. Follow me on Instagram

For anyone unfamiliar with Le Gushe, it is an affordable K-beauty-inspired skincare brand focused on simple routines, hydration, and comfortable formulas designed for everyday skincare lovers.

The Le Gushe Heartleaf Toner Pad focuses on:

  • Hydrating dry and dehydrated skin
  • Supporting a weakened skin barrier
  • Calming redness and irritation
  • Refreshing tired-looking skin
  • Creating a smoother base for the rest of your skincare routine

The formula is designed for people who prefer soothing skincare over aggressive treatments, making it appealing for beginners, sensitive skin types, and anyone building a simple skincare routine.

For me, this toner feels especially suitable for people with combination skin, acne-prone skin, and sensitive melanin skin because it focuses on balance rather than overwhelming the skin with too many strong actives.

Star Ingredients: Why Heartleaf Is Trending in Korean Skincare

The reason I was drawn to this toner was the ingredient list. It focuses on hydration, calming, and skin comfort — exactly what my skin needed.

Heartleaf Extract (Houttuynia Cordata)

The star ingredient is heartleaf extract, a popular Korean skincare ingredient loved for its soothing properties.

Heartleaf is often used in skincare routines designed for:

  • Sensitive skin
  • Acne-prone skin
  • Redness-prone skin
  • Irritated or stressed skin barriers

For me, this ingredient stood out because my skin needed calming support rather than another harsh active.

Centella Asiatica (Cica) + Chamomile Extract

Supporting ingredients like Centella Asiatica (Cica) and chamomile extract help create a calming skincare experience.

These ingredients are commonly used to:

  • Comfort irritated skin
  • Reduce feelings of sensitivity
  • Support healthier-looking skin
  • Maintain skin balance

Panthenol

Panthenol is another ingredient I appreciate because it focuses on hydration and barrier support.

It helps the skin feel:

  • Softer
  • More comfortable
  • Less dry
  • More hydrated over time

Fruit Extracts + Hydrating Ingredients

The toner also includes fruit extracts and moisturizing ingredients that help refresh dull-looking skin while keeping the formula lightweight.

Overall, the formula feels less like an intense treatment and more like a daily skin barrier repair and hydration step.

Packaging & First Impressions

The Le Gushe Heartleaf Toner Pad comes in simple, minimal packaging that fits beautifully into a clean skincare routine.

The bottle feels practical, lightweight, and easy to store. The toner pads are convenient because they remove the extra step of applying toner with your hands or cotton rounds.

The texture is lightweight and watery, which is something I personally love because my combination skin does not enjoy heavy products.

It absorbs quickly without leaving behind:

  • Sticky residue
  • Greasiness
  • A heavy layer on the skin

The scent is subtle and fresh rather than overpowering, which makes the experience feel relaxing.

Overall, it feels like an effortless product — the kind of skincare step you can use daily without overthinking.

How I Used Le Gushe Heartleaf Toner Pad in My Skincare Routine

I used the Le Gushe Toner Pad both morning and night for approximately two months, and I was able to test it long enough to see how my skin responded.

I gently applied the toner pad across my skin using soft circular motions instead of rubbing aggressively.

My nighttime routine included:

  1. Pond's Brightening Cleanser
  2. Le Gushe Heartleaf Toner Pad
  3. Purito TXA Serum
  4. Cerave resurfacing serum 
  5. Some By Mi Yuja Niacin Gel Cream,

My morning routine included:

  1. Pond's Brightening Cleanser
  2. Le Gushe Heartleaf Toner Pad
  3. Some By Mi Yuja Niacin Gel Cream
  4. Sunscreen

Keeping the rest of my routine consistent helped me notice what this toner was actually doing for my skin.

 Results After Testing Le Gushe Calming Heartleaf Toner Pad

Week 1: Hydration + Comfort

During the first week, the biggest difference I noticed was hydration.

My skin felt refreshed after cleansing instead of tight or uncomfortable. The toner gave my skin a softer, smoother feeling and layered beautifully with my other products.

Since my skin is sensitive, I was also watching closely for irritation.

Thankfully, I experienced:

✔ No stinging
✔ No increased redness
✔ No uncomfortable dryness

My skin simply felt calmer.


Weeks 2–4: Smoother Texture + Healthy Glow

After using it consistently, I started noticing more subtle improvements.

My skin texture looked smoother, and areas that usually felt rough appeared more hydrated.

The biggest change was the healthy glow.

Not an oily shine — more like the “my skin looks rested and cared for” type of glow.

I also noticed my skin felt more balanced overall. My breakouts did not increase, and my skin seemed happier with this extra hydration step.

Pros & Cons Section

Pros

✔ Provides lightweight hydration
✔ Helps support a healthy skin barrier
✔ Gentle enough for sensitive skin
✔ Works well for combination and acne-prone skin
✔ Layers easily with serums and moisturizers
✔ Does not feel heavy or greasy
✔ Creates a smoother skincare base

Cons

✘ Availability may be difficult depending on where you live
✘ Results are gradual rather than overnight
✘ Not designed to aggressively treat severe acne or stubborn hyperpigmentation alone

This toner feels more like a supportive skincare product rather than a powerful treatment — and honestly, that is exactly why I enjoy it.

Who Should Try Le Gushe Heartleaf Toner?

I would recommend this toner for:

  • Sensitive skin types
  • Acne-prone skin
  • Combination skin
  • Dehydrated skin
  • Skincare beginners
  • Anyone looking for calming Korean skincare

If your skin feels irritated, dry, overwhelmed by active ingredients, or needs more hydration, this could be a beautiful addition to your routine.

For those with melanin-rich skin concerned about hyperpigmentation, I think the biggest benefit is prevention. Keeping your skin calm, hydrated, and supported can help reduce unnecessary irritation that may contribute to post-inflammatory dark marks.

However, if you are looking for a strong exfoliating toner or a product that dramatically targets deep acne scars or stubborn pigmentation, this may feel too gentle.

 

Final Verdict: Is Le Gushe Heartleaf Toner Worth It?

My final rating: ⭐ 8.5/10

The Le Gushe Heartleaf Toner Pad is not an overnight miracle product — but it does exactly what I want a daily toner to do.

It hydrates.
It calms.
It supports my skin barrier.
It keeps my routine feeling balanced.

I would definitely repurchase this toner because it has become one of those reliable skincare products that quietly improves my routine.

If your skin needs hydration, soothing care, and a gentle Korean skincare step, especially if you have sensitive, combination, or acne-prone skin, this toner is worth considering.

Sometimes skincare does not need to be complicated. Sometimes your skin just needs a little more calming.





0 Comentarios

Skincare I Wouldn't Survive Without

it's Hot Girl Szn everyday
Use Andrituals1 and see For Yourself

Join the Newsletter

Subscribe to get the latest content by email.

    We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.